According to current regulations, the storage period will also be different for different types of accounting vouchers.
1. Minimum storage period 5 years
Some types of accounting vouchers will have a minimum retention period of 5 years as prescribed in Article 12 of Decree 174/2016/ND-CP as follows:
Accounting documents must be kept for at least 5 years
- Accounting vouchers that are not directly used to record accounting books and prepare financial statements such as receipts, payment slips, warehouse receipts, and warehouse release notes are not stored in the accounting records of the accounting department.
- Accounting documents used for managing and administrating the accounting unit that does not directly record in accounting books and prepare financial statements.
- If the accounting documents specified in Clauses 1 and 2 of this Article are required to be archived by other laws for more than 5 years, they shall be archived according to such provisions.
2. Minimum storage period 10 years
Besides, according to the provisions of Article 13 of Decree 174/2016/ND-CP , some types of accounting vouchers have a minimum retention period of 10 years as follows:
Accounting documents must be kept for at least 10 years
- Accounting vouchers used directly for recording accounting books and making financial statements, detailed lists, general tables, detailed accounting books, general accounting books, financial statements a month, quarter, year of the accounting unit, finalization report, accounting self-inspection report, the record of the destruction of archived accounting documents and other documents used directly for recording accounting books and making reports. financial statements.
- Accounting documents related to the liquidation and sale of fixed assets; report on the results of inventory and assessment of assets.
- Accounting documents of the investor unit, including accounting documents of annual accounting periods and accounting documents on finalization reports of completed projects in groups B and C.
- Accounting documents related to the establishment, division, separation, consolidation, merger, transformation of ownership form, the transformation of enterprise type or unit transformation, dissolution, bankruptcy, termination of operation action, and the end of the project.
- Relevant documents at the unit include audit files of the State Audit, inspection, examination, and supervision records of competent state agencies or independent auditing organizations.
- Other documents not specified in Articles 12 and 14 of this Decree.
- If the accounting documents specified in Clauses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 of this Article are required by other laws to be archived for more than 10 years, they shall be archived according to such provisions.
3. Permanent storage term
In addition, there are a number of types of accounting vouchers with a permanent storage term as prescribed in Article 14 of Decree 174/2016/ND-CP as follows:
(1) For accounting units in the field of state accounting, accounting documents that must be permanently archived include the annual state budget finalization report approved by the National Assembly, budget finalization report localities have been approved by the People’s Councils at all levels; Dossiers and reports on finalization of completed projects of group A, projects of national importance; Other accounting documents are historical and have important economic, security and national defense meanings.
The determination of other accounting documents that must be permanently archived shall be decided by the legal representative of the accounting unit, sector, or locality to determine the historical nature and economic significance. , security, and defense.
(2) For business activities, accounting documents must be permanently archived, including historical accounting documents, having important economic, security, and national defense meanings.
The determination of accounting documents that must be permanently archived shall be decided by the head or the legal representative of the accounting unit, based on the historical and long-term significance of the documents and information to decide. For each specific case and assign it to the accounting department or another department to keep it in the original form or in another form.
(3) Perpetual retention period must be the retention period of more than 10 years until the accounting documents are destroyed naturally.
Above is some information related to the retention period of accounting documents in accordance with the current Law from PhamConsult.
PHAM CONSULT is always ready to accompany you in the management of accounting documents and procedures of your business.
PHAM CONSULT is a unit specializing in providing tax consulting services, financial consulting, accounting services, and preparing and paying salaries. Customers can contact us via hotline: (84-28) 3930 2487 or Facebook if you need support.