With open-door policies, calling for FDI capital of many incentives of the Vietnamese government today, Vietnam is an attractive destination for foreign investors. In order to create favorable conditions for foreign investors to live and work in Vietnam, Vietnam has had quite flexible policies, suitable for each investor in issuace Temporary Residence Card. Having a Temporary Residence Card, foreigners do not need to renew their visa and enjoy many benefits while staying in Vietnam.
WHAT IS TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGN INVESTOR?
Temporary Residence Card (TRC) to foreign investors (symbols: DT) issued by the Immigration Agency to investors and shareholders contributing foreign capital to businesses in Vietnam. TRC (DT) allows foreign investors to reside in Vietnam for a period of time and have a replacement value for Visa.
To be granted this card, foreign investors need to prove through documents related to investment activities in Vietnam and enter with a visa for the right purpose.
SYMBOLS AND DURATION OF THE TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD IN EACH CASE OF FOREIGN INVESTOR.
|DT1||Issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with contributed capital of VND 100 billion or more or investing in industries or trades subject to investment incentives. areas with investment incentives are decided by the Government.||Not exceeding 10 years.
|DT2||Issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with contributed capital of between VND 50 billion and less than VND 100 billion or investing in encouraged industries. development investment is decided by the Government.||Not exceeding 05 years.|
|DT3||Issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives for foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with contributed capital valued at between VND 3 billion and less than VND 50 billion.||No more than 03 years.|
|DT4||Issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives for foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with contributed capital worth less than VND 03 billion.||No more than 12 months|
CONDITIONS FOR GRANTING TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS:
- Passport of foreigners with at least 13 months validity;
- Visa foreign investors are using in Vietnam must be for the right purpose (symbol DT);
- Documents proving the capital contribution or capital investment by foreigners in the company in Vietnam.
APPLICATION FILE FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS:
- A written request from the agency, organization or individual that carries out the procedures for invitation and guarantee (Form NA6);
- Declaration/application for temporary residence card for foreigners (Form NA8);
- Original passports and original visa of foreigners applying for temporary residence cards; (passport valid for at least 13 months and visa to enter Vietnam for the right purpose);
- A certificate of the foreigner’s temporary residence registration or temporary residence registration certified by the police of the ward or commune where the foreigner is temporary in Vietnam;
- 02 individual photos (2cm x 3cm).
- Legal document of the enterprise:
- A notarized copy of the Business Registration Certificate, Investment License, clearly stating the capital contribution of the foreign investor;
- Seal registration certificate or Notarized copy of the publication of information about the enterprise’s seal sample on the national business registration portal;
- Registration form of seal sample and signature at Administration of Immigration or Immigration Management Department (Form NA16);
- Letter of introduction for Vietnamese employees applying for Temporary Residence Cards at the Immigration Department + ID of referring staff;
(*Form NA6, NA8, NA16 issued together with Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA)
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS:
Step 1: Prepare documents to apply for temporary residence cards in accordance law.
Step 2: Submit a temporary residence card application to the Immigration Department.
- 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
- 254 Nguyen Trai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
- Or the Immigration Department of the police of the province or central city.
Note: Application time is from Monday to Saturday morning (excluding New Year, holidays, and Sunday.)
The above-mentioned Immigration Department receives the dossier to check the legality and content of the dossier.
- If the application is complete and valid, the receipt will be printed and given, and an appointment will be made to return the results.
- If the application is not valid, the officer will guide the applicant to supplement the application for completion.
Step 3: Pay Fee
The prescribed fee level is:
- $ 145 for each temporary residence card is valid for 1-2 years.
- $ 155 for each temporary residence card is valid for 2-5 years.
- $ 165 for each temporary residence card is valid for 5-10 years.
Step 4: Get results
Within 05 working days, investors come to receive the results, give receipts, identity cards, or passports to the officials who return the examination and comparison results. Pay the fee then sign to receive and give the temporary residence card to the person who comes to receive the results (even without being processed).
Note: Time to return results from Monday to Friday (excluding New Year’s Day, public holiday, and Saturday, Sunday).
- Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners 2014, amended and supplemented in 2019.
- Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA, dated January 5, 2015, of the Ministry of Public Security, providing for documents related to entry, exit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam;
- Circular No. 219/2016/TT-BTC dated 10/11/2016 of the Ministry of Finance regulates the regime of collection, payment, management, and use of fees in the fields of exit, entry, transit, and residing in Vietnam.
As you can see, the procedure for applying for a temporary residence card to foreign investors is quite complicated with regular changes. Therefore, if you do not know the current Vietnamese law, it is difficult for you to successfully apply for temporary residence cards.
When using the service to apply for temporary residence card for foreign investors at Pham Consult, you can be assured of our professional service. Pham Consult has many years of experience in the field of temporary residence card application, we are committed to providing high-quality services with reasonable fee.
In order to comprehend the process for requesting temporary residence cards from foreign investors as well as related issues, please contact Pham Consult – a unit specializing in providing tax consulting services, consulting Finance, accounting services, making and paying salary. Customers can contact us via Hotline: (84-28) 3930 2487 or Facebook communication channel if needed.