Adjusting the base salary is essential. The Ministry of Home Affairs is collecting People’s opinions on the draft Decree of the Government stipulating the base salary for cadres, civil servants, public employees and the armed forces. According to the draft Decree stipulating the base salary for cadres, civil servants, public employees and the armed forces, it will include the following contents: 09 groups of subjects will receive a base salary increase from July 1, 2023(proposal), base salary applied from July 1, 2023 and funding for implementation of base salary increase from July 1, 2023.
1. 09 groups of subjects will receive a base salary increase from July 1, 2023 (Recommended)
There are 9 proposed subjects to be increased base salary from July 1, 2023, including:
Subject 1: Cadres and civil servants from central to district levels specified in Clauses 1 and 2, Article 4 of the Law on Cadres and Civil servants 2008 (amended and supplemented in the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of this Law). Cadres, civil servants and the Law on Public Employees 2019).
Subject 2: Commune-level cadres and civil servants specified in Clause 3, Article 4 of the Law on Cadres and Civil servants 2008 (amended and supplemented in the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Cadres and Civil servants and the Law on Cadres and Civil servants). Officials 2019).
Subject 3: Public employees in public non-business units as prescribed in the Law on Public Employees 2010 (amended and supplemented in the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Cadres and Public Employees and the Law on Public Employees 2019) ).
Subject 4: People working under the labor contract regime in agencies, organizations, units of the Party, State, Vietnam Fatherland Front, socio-political organizations and armed forces (military, police, cipher) according to the provisions of Decree 111/2022/ND-CP is being arranged salary according to Decree 204/2004/ND-CP on salary regime for cadres and civil servants, officers and armed forces.
Subject 5: People working in the quota of staffing in associations supported by the state budget for operating expenses specified in Decree 45/2010/ND-CP on organization, operation and management of associations. .
Subject 6: Officers, professional soldiers, non-commissioned officers, soldiers and defense workers and employees of the Vietnam People’s Army.
Subject 7: Officers, salaried non-commissioned officers, non-commissioned officers, conscripts, and public security workers of the People’s Public Security.
Subject 8: People working in cipher organizations.
Subject 9: Part-time workers at commune, village and residential groups.
2. Base salary applied from 1/7/2023
The base salary is used as a basis for:
– Calculating salary levels in the salary tables, allowance levels and implementing other regimes as prescribed by law for the subjects specified in Article 2 of the draft Decree;
– Calculating the activity fee and subsistence fee according to the provisions of law;
– Calculate deductions and benefits according to the base salary.
According to the draft, from July 1, 2023, the base salary is VND 1,800,000/month. Amounts such as: operating expenses, living expenses, deductions and benefits calculated according to the base salary will also increase from July 1, 2023.
3. Funding for the increase of base salary from July 1, 2023
In the draft, it is clearly stated that the cost of increasing the base salary is as follows:
* Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies, and other central-level agencies: use savings of 10% of recurrent expenditures (excluding wages, salary-based allowances, and other calculated expenses). quality and human expenditures according to the regime) the 2023 estimate increased compared to the 2022 estimate assigned by the competent authority; part of the revenue is left under the regime of administrative agencies and public non-business units; use the unused source of salary reform in 2022 (if any).
* Provinces and cities directly under the Central Government:
– Using 10% of savings in recurrent expenditures (except for salaries, salary-based allowances, wages and human expenses according to the regime) estimated in 2023, increased compared to the estimate in 2022. assigned by a competent authority;
– Using 70% of the increase in local budget revenue in 2022 compared with the estimate (excluding land use levy; collection of one-time land rent advanced by investors for compensation and ground clearance; collection money for the protection and development of rice land;
Proceeds from handling public property at agencies, organizations and units decided to use by competent authorities for investment expenditures according to regulations; Lottery; entrance fees to monuments and world heritage sites; fees for using infrastructure works, service works and public utilities in the border gate area;
Environmental protection fee for mineral exploitation; collect from the public land fund, collect yields and public property in the commune and collect rent, lease purchase and sale of state-owned houses) assigned by the Prime Minister;
– Use the unused source of salary reform in 2022 to switch to;
– Use at least 40% of the remaining revenue according to the 2023 regime. Particularly for the revenue from the provision of medical examination, treatment, preventive medicine and other medical services of the medical establishment public economy uses at least 35%.
The scope of deduction of retained earnings is carried out according to the guidance of the Ministry of Finance on the needs and sources of wage reform in 2023.
* The central budget supplements the missing funding due to the base salary adjustment in 2023 for ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies, other central agencies and provinces and cities directly under the Central Government. The Central Government after implementing the provisions of Clauses 1 and 2, Article 4 of the draft Decree.
PHAM CONSULT is a unit specializing in providing tax consulting services, financial consulting, accounting services, preparing and paying salaries. Customers can contact us via hotline: (84-28) 3930 2487 or Facebook communication channel: http://bit.ly/phamconsult if you need support.