A work permit is the basis for granting a temporary residence card and is a prerequisite for foreign workers to work in Vietnam (except for some exempted cases). However, in some unexpected circumstances, if the employee accidentally loses the work permit, it is necessary to apply for a new work permit.
The procedure for applying for a new work permit is as follows:
The employer submits an application for re-issuance of a work permit to the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs. Records include:
- The employer’s written request for re-issuance of a work permit, made according to Form No. 11/PLI, Appendix I issued together with Decree 152/2020/ND-CP.
- 02 color photos (size 4 cm x 6 cm, white background, straight face, bare head, not wearing colored glasses), photos were taken not older than 06 months from the date of application.
- The original copy of the written certification of the lost work permit issued by the commune-level police office where the foreigner resides or a foreign competent agency in accordance with law.
- The original of written approval of the need to employ foreign workers, except for cases where the need to employ foreign workers is not required. The procedure is as follows:
- The dossier includes: Report explaining the demand for foreign workers (for enterprises explaining the demand for labor for the first time, use form 01/PLI Appendix I and prepare additional certified copies). Executing the operation license of the enterprise, for an enterprise that has been approved to use foreign workers but has a change in the need to use foreign workers, it only needs to report an explanation according to form 02/PLI in Appendix 2. Appendix I is issued together with Decree 152/2020/ND-CP).
- Submit at: Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs or People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities
- Method of payment: directly, by post or online at the Public Service Portal for managing foreign.
- Processing time: 10 working days
- Fees: No
Currently, the procedure for re-issuance of a lost work permit is conducted directly through either. That portal is:
One is the Level 3 Public Service Portal of the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs of the province/city.
The second is the Online Public Service’s Portal. Employment Department – Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs
Within 3 working days from the date of receipt of complete application dossier. Re-issuance of a work permit due to a loss, the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs is responsible for re-granting a work permit to a foreigner. In case of refusal to re-grant a work permit, a written reply must be given clearly stating the reason.
Fee: VND 450,000 /license
Term of the re-issued work permit:
In case of re-issuance due to loss of work permit, the time on the re-issued work permit will be equal to the term of the issued work permit minus the time the foreign worker has worked up to the time of application. re-issue of work permit.
The term of a work permit is not more than 2 years
- Labor Code 2019
- Circular No. 85/2019/TT-BTC dated November 29, 2019 of the Ministry of Finance guiding fees and charges falling under the deciding competence of the People’s Councils of provinces and centrally run cities
- Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP dated December 30, 2020 of the Government on regulations on foreign workers working in Vietnam and recruitment and management of Vietnamese employees working for organizations, Foreign individuals in Vietnam
Above is information about procedures for re-granting work permits for foreign workers working in Vietnam. However, in reality, administrative procedures can take time and cost more because the operators are inexperienced. Understanding this, Pham Consult provides customers with services on re-granting work permits for foreign workers working in Vietnam. Besides, there are other professional services related to visa (visa), temporary residence card…
Pham Consult is a unit specializing in providing tax consulting services, financial consulting, accounting services, salary preparation and payment. Contact us via hotline: (84-28) 3930 2487 or our Facebook if you need assistance.