Currently, in accounting activities, the law has separate regulations for each type and form of accounting books for enterprises. Through today’s article, let’s find out more details about this content with Pham Consult!
1.What are the types of accounting books for businesses according to the latest regulations?
According to the provisions in subsection 1, Appendix 4 issued together with Circular 200/2014/TT-BTC guiding the enterprise accounting regime, there are the following provisions on the form of accounting books:
– General journal accounting form;
– Accounting form Diary – Ledger;
– Accounting form Bookkeeping vouchers;
– Accounting form Diary-vouchers;
– Computerized accounting form.
With each form of accounting book, there will be specific regulations on the number, structure, form, order, recording method and relationship between accounting books.
2.What are the basic principles and characteristics of the accounting book form?
According to the provisions in Appendix 4 issued together with Circular 200/2014/TT-BTC guiding the enterprise accounting regime, there are the following provisions on the form of accounting books:
- For the general journal accounting form:
Basic principles and characteristics of the general journal accounting form: All arising economic and financial transactions must be recorded in the Journal, with the focus being the General Journal, in chronological order. Arising time and according to the economic content (accounting terms) of that transaction. Then take data on the Journals to record in the Ledger for each arising transaction.
- For accounting form Diary – Ledger
Basic characteristics of the journal – Ledger accounting form: The arising economic and financial transactions are recorded in the chronological order and according to the economic content (according to the accounting account) on the same account. A single general accounting book is the Journal – Ledger.The basis for recording in the Journal – Ledger is accounting vouchers or a summary of accounting vouchers of the same type.
- For accounting form Bookkeeping vouchers
Basic characteristics of the accounting form Book-keeping vouchers: The direct basis for recording general accounting books is “booking vouchers.”General accounting entries include:
– Record in chronological order on the Register of Recording Documents.
– Record according to economic content on the Ledger.
Bookkeeping vouchers are prepared by accountants on the basis of each accounting voucher or a summary of accounting vouchers of the same type with the same economic content. Book-entry vouchers are numbered consecutively for each month or whole year (according to the ordinal number in the Book of Recording Documents) and attached with accounting vouchers, which must be approved by the chief accountant before recording the accounting books. Maths.
- For the form of accounting books Diary – vouchers
Basic features of the accounting form:
– Gather and systematic the economic transactions arising under the Credit side of the accounts in combination with the analysis of those economic transactions according to the Debit counterpart accounts.
– Closely combine the recording of economic transactions arising in chronological order with the systematization of transactions according to economic content (according to accounts).
– Widely combine general accounting with detailed accounting on the same accounting book and in the same recording process.
– Use pre-printed book templates for account reciprocal relationships, economic and financial management indicators and financial statements.
- For computerized accounting
The basic feature of Computerized Accounting is that the accounting work is done according to a computerized accounting software program. Accounting software is designed according to the principles of one of the four accounting forms or a combination of the accounting forms specified above.
The accounting software does not fully display the accounting bookkeeping process, but must be able to fully print the accounting books and financial statements as prescribed. Accounting software designed according to any form of accounting will have all kinds of books of that form of accounting, but it is not exactly the same as the manual accounting book model.
Thus, the above is the type of accounting book form and the basic principles and characteristics of the accounting book form that Pham Consult has introduced in detail. Hope this information will be useful to you. If you have any questions or answers, please contact us!
PHAM CONSULT is a unit specializing in providing tax consulting services, financial consulting, accounting services, preparing and paying salaries. Customers can contact us via hotline: (84-28) 3930 2487 or Facebook communication channel: http://bit.ly/phamconsult if you need support.