Temporary residence card is a document issued by the immigration management agency or a competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to foreigners who are allowed to reside for a period of time in Vietnam and is valid in lieu of a visa.
1. Cases of being granted temporary residence cards in Vietnam:
Pursuant to Article 36 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam (“Export Law”), foreigners who are granted visas will be considered for temporary residence cards with corresponding symbols. visa label, specifically:
– Foreigners are workers who come to Vietnam to work long-term with a work permit or license to practice in Vietnam.
– Foreigners are investors who establish companies, contribute capital, buy shares in Vietnamese or foreign enterprises and organizations in Vietnam;
– Foreigners whose spouses, fathers, mothers, and children have been granted temporary residence cards in Vietnam
– Foreigners of Vietnamese origin or relatives who are Vietnamese (Including spouses, parents, children, grandparents….)
– Foreigners entering Vietnam as diplomats or journalists according to regulations on diplomacy and press law…..
2. Temporary residence card validity:
Pursuant to Article 38, Section 1, Chapter 6, the Immigration Law stipulates the duration of temporary residence cards as follows:
– The temporary residence card issued is valid for at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity of the passport.
– Temporary residence cards with symbols NG3, LV1, LV2, LS, DT2 and DH are valid for no more than 5 years.
– Temporary residence cards with symbols NN1, NN2, DT3, TT are valid for no more than 03 years.
– Temporary residence cards with symbols LD and PV1 are valid for no more than 02 years.
– Expired temporary residence cards will be considered for issuance of new cards.
3. Procedures for applying for a temporary residence card:
Pursuant to Article 37, section 1, chapter 6, Law X-N-C:
• Dossier to request a temporary residence card includes:
– Written request from the agency, organization or individual carrying out invitation and guarantee procedures;
– Application form for temporary residence card with photo;
– Valid passport;
– Documents proving that they fall into the cases specified in the above mentioned subject area: certificate of operation registration, Certificate of seal sample of the guarantee enterprise/organization, Documents proving personal relationship with the sponsor. Guarantor, Work Permit or Certificate of eligibility for work permit exemption…
• Place to receive documents: immigration management agency or competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Depending on each case of temporary residence card registration)
• Processing time: no more than 05 working days from receipt of complete documents.
• People who apply for a temporary residence card receive the results directly at the Immigration Management Agency. Current temporary residence card results are not returned by courier or post office.
4. Things to keep in mind when applying for a temporary residence card.
• In case of procedures to extend temporary residence card for foreigners, the application only requires documents from A3 to A8
• In case of reissuing a temporary residence card due to loss or damage or a new passport, the application requires documents from A3 to A8 and is accompanied by an application explaining the cause of loss, damage or change of household. passport, passport number;
• In case of converting from a tourist visa to a temporary residence card for work, investment, or visiting relatives, the application requires documents from A1 to A8 and is accompanied by an explanation and presentation about the change of purpose.
• In case of converting temporary residence card from tourism, work to investment and from investment to labor, the required documents from A1 to A8 are accompanied by a written explanation of the appropriate conversion.
• In case the temporary residence card is converted from one company to another, the application requires documents from A1 to A8 along with a document of resignation, termination of work at the old company for the employee and a document capital withdrawal form, divestment from old company…..
5. Fees for issuance of temporary residence cards for foreigners
• Pay the fee when submitting the application at the place that receives applications for a temporary residence card. The temporary residence card application fee can be paid in Vietnamese Dong (VND) or US Dollars (USD). Do not accept other foreign currencies or pay by card, bank transfer, or online
Fees for applying for temporary residence cards. Fees
Fees for temporary residence cards for foreigners.
a) Temporary residence card valid from 01 year to no more than 02 years 145 USD
b) Temporary residence card valid from 02 years to not more than 05 years and not more than 10 years 155 USD
6. Temporary residence card service of Pham Consult
With much experience in applying for temporary residence cards as well as other types of identification documents for foreigners, Pham Consult provides services such as new issuance and re-issuance of temporary residence cards at the most competitive costs on the market. , supporting customers to achieve maximum convenience in the following tasks:
- Consulting on conditions and procedures for granting temporary residence cards;
- Consulting and drafting forms for applying for temporary residence cards;
- Representing customers to submit applications and receive results at state agencies;
- Support customers with translation and copying of documents;
- Consulting and explaining to the Immigration Management agency in case problems arise.
Please contact us at the contact address below for any issues related to the temporary residence card. Pham Consult always wishes and commits to providing customers with the best advice and support